Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Recent Visit To Vegas

I recently visited a couple of trade shows in Las Vegas and I had a great time. There is something
refreshing and alive about a good industry trade show that is relevant to your company. You get to meet up with old friends, make new ones, forge business alliances, learn industry secrets (shush!) and walk around the exhibit hall until your feet finally succumb to the pressure. For me, what was so good about all that walking was I actually lost some weight. Hey, two shows back to back in one day, along with five full hours of happily walking around will do that!

What makes the whole experience so energizing for me are all of the well thought out trade show displays that I saw. There were huge monolithic creations using simple materials such as aluminum and fabric. There was entertainment in several booths in the form of magicians, super models and motivational speakers. There were colorful and dynamic exhibits that are hard to describe, but nevertheless pulled you in to see what was there. Truss in it's various forms was used effectively in a number of booths. Truss doesn't just have to be for hanging lights, it can be used in a number of ways to showcase branding & products in creative ways.

Obviously, we all go to trade shows not to just see the displays, but to also make connections, see product demos and uncover opportunities. Needless to say, you don't want to waste your time on a show that is borderline relevant. You want as much bang for your buck as possible because it can cost a great deal of money to fly out to the hosting city, stay in expensive hotels and pay for entertainment and meals. This doesn't count the time you lose not taking care of your normal job functions. For me, it was an easy decision. I had two shows that were running in Vegas the same days. I visited more exhibit booths than I care to count and they all were
well worth the visit.

1 comment:

preeti sehgal said...

Excellent overview, it pointed me out something I didn’t realize before. I should encourage for your wonderful work. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Thank you for sharing this information with us.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XS -Productions